Securing External Content
If you already have the content for your product stored elsewhere on the web, you can easily have ProductDyno deliver it from there - and ensure unauthorized users can't access it.
- External content is only supported at Product Level
- All links MUST open in the same tab/window: See below for more info
- There can be no frames or iframes in the pages of the content and the links therein
- There is NO External Content option at Collection Level
- The Start Page cannot use the same domain/subdomain as specified for Custom Domain
1: In Manage Product->Domain Access, slide the button to enable External Content and put the URL of the first page you would like your logged in customers to see.
2: Click on Copy Protection Code. A window pops up with code. Copy the entire code and paste it before the opening body tag or within the <head></head> of the HTML of the page you have nominated - and all other pages you want protected.
For adding the code to a WordPress site we recommend using a plugin called Header Footer Code Manager. This enables you to create a snippet containing the code and specify on which pages/posts it is to be placed.
Please Note: If you have selected to Enable External Content, the "Content" section of your Manage Product Dashboard will be "greyed out"
Links within your External Content
The link from one page to the next must be a plain: <a href="URL">
It should not contain any display directions such as target="_blank" or "_self" or "_parent" or "_top" or "framename"
Since ProductDyno is on a secure server, all your links must also be https
Adding Your Secure Code in Thrive Themes
When using Thrive Landing Page templates :
- The script needs to be added in this specific section:
Landing Page Settings (under the green "Save Changes" button) > Custom Scripts > Header Scripts
- The link on the page must NOT be "open in new tab". It must open in the same window/tab