Licensing Your Product with ProductDyno
The licensing feature is conceived mainly for WP Plugins, Desktop Apps, etc where you are wanting to restrict the number of sites a WP plugin can be installed on or the number of users accessing a single account in an app.
- Licensing is done for a Product and not at the Collection level.
- Once you have published a product with licensing enabled, the number of licenses cannot be changed - since you cannot "take away" licenses already allocated to users. You can create several products with a different number of licenses - this is very easy to do since you can set one Product up completely, with content, links, etc, then clone it as many times as you like
Enable License - Vendor Action
For each product you can specify how many license EACH user will be "awarded" when he purchases your product.
Use Licenses - Member Action
As the member activates the licenses in the app/plugin, they will show as such in his account as "Active" (closed padlock)
If for any reason, the user need to modify where the license is activated, he can click the reset button - and then activate it again where he wishes
Licenses cannot be deleted since they are generated by ProductDyno and assigned to this particular member.
More than 5 Licenses
When these have all been activated, the member can click the "Generate More Licenses" and another 5 are generated and allocated to him.
He can repeat this action up to the total number of allocated licenses.
Implementing Licensing in WordPress Plugin
The licensing system usually works with Desktop Software or WordPress Plugins. Check the image below on how to implement licensing for your WordPress Plugin. The same could be applied to any software.
Info for Developers
- The user goes to their ProductDyno account to access the product they bought
- They use the Access Keys section to generate a new key
- They go to the settings section of the software and enter the access key.