General Data Protection Regulation
GDPR is new EU General Data Protection Regulation that replaces the old Data Protection Directive and comes into force on the 25th May, 2018.
The new regulations apply to any business that processes the data of any individual who resides within the EU and refine the transparency rules for how companies describe their data processing. So even if your business isn’t based within the EU, you still need to comply with the new regulations if any of your clients (website visitors) are from the EU.
PromoteLabs is actively trying to implement and comply with GDPR.
Here are some useful documents about the General Data Protection Regulation:
Information Comissioner's Office:
- ICO Guide
- ICO - Separating Fact from Fiction
- ICO - Consent
- ICO - Consent is not the ‘silver bullet’ for GDPR compliance
- ICO - Raising the bar – consent under the GDPR
We recommend reading this informative post from Thrive Themes on GDPR
The Service we are using to prepare our documentation is Disclaimer Template
Protect Your Online Business from Legal Liability
- Comply With Privacy and Cookie Laws
- Reduce Your Legal Liability
- Protect Your Intellectual Property
- For Website and Mobile App Owners
They have proved very knowledgeable on all things to do with GDPR, websites, etc.